Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Cute Hotpad & New Toys

So tonight I decided to take pictures of my new toys!  This is just a small sampling of the stuff I got at Joann's (spent way too much but it was worth it!).

What you see here is my thread variety pack with various colors, a pincushion wrist band which is sooooo handy, I adore it!  In front of that is my marking tool.  Under there you have my clear ruler (awesome) and then my cutting mat which also serves as an ironing pad!  The white side (which you see here) is for pressing/ironing and if you flip it over there is the green cutting mat which is awesome and I love it!!  I also got some fabric, batting, fusible web, can't remember what else lol.

So this is my newest project.  It's a quilted hotpad (potholder).  The front has two solid blocks and two print blocks put together in a 4 square pattern, and the heart is actually appliqued on!!  It was actually pretty easy to do.  I wish I had chosen a different decorative stitch to go around it, but we live and learn.  :)  The binding, I made myself and just basically "winged it" so it doesn't look that great, but considering I didn't really know what I was doing....I'd say not bad lol.  I'm happy with it and I think it's super cute!


This is the backside....no applique, otherwise its the same as the front.

My hotpad in action!!  :P  I didn't use thermal batting so I can't technically use it as a hotpad.  Well I could, but it probably wouldn't do its job lol, so its just for decoration.  I might actually hang it on the wall as a mini quilt because I think it's cute.  I love the possibilities with applique and I cannot wait to get some more fabric and play around with it!!  I have alot of ideas!  The next one I made, I'll do a tutorial.  

1 comment: