Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Thrift Stores = My New Best Friend!

I've been going to thrift stores for years.  I used to buy things and then sell them on ebay.  I've also always found that one man's trash is another man's potpourri - what is that?  I dunno it's some kind of soup.  Cheesy GRINCH reference thrown in there.  :/ LOL.  Anyway, back to my story....wait what was I saying?  Oh yeah...thrift stores!  So I guess I never noticed before because I wasn't looking for it, but thrift stores have an abundance of fabric.  Some in the form of sheets....which is fine with me....and usually for 50 cents to $2.00 depending on the store and the fabric!  I have spent about $30 in the past 2 days at two different thrift stores and I feel like I got $300 worth of material lol.  I'm hooked now....so my hubby's paycheck better WATCH OUT!  Here's what all I got.  It doesn't look like much, but it is - trust me!!  There's no telling how many yards of fabric I have here!  Oh and excuse the mess...I tried my hand at sewing an actual GARMENT for my niece....a dress....from a pattern.....and well....results of my efforts will be in the next post.



2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOH WAIT!!!!!!!!!! You better not replace me!! I'm your BFF not Thrift Stores!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete