Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tooth Fairy Pillow

My 7 year old lost another tooth at school today.  They gave her a cute little red treasure box for it.  But I decided to make her a cute little Tooth Fairy Pillow!!  I made some mistakes, but overall it turned out great.  I just need to get a hand sewing kit to "tie up some loose ends" sew to speak.  ;)

This only took about 30 minutes or so, and I actually ended up making two because the first one wasn't working out - so I just didn't add the pocket to it and gave it to my 9 year old daughter as a pillow for her dolls.  It looks the same as this one, just different fabric and no "pocket".

This one has Disney Princess flannel fabric and the pocket is appliqued all the way around and then sewn onto the front of the pillow.  I have been looking at pictures of appliqued quilts all day and I think they are just beautiful so I wanted to try my hand at it lol.  I am dying to make a quilt but I need to get some fabric first.  Maybe I can make just a small quilt block or something with scrap fabric to get a feel for it.




1 comment:

  1. This turned out SO CUTE!!!!!!! I love it!!! Congrats on the lost tooth love bug!!

    ReplyDelete